Tuesday 26 June 2012

Good Case, bad screen protector, a little thick and expensive





Otterbox SAM-I777X-20-E4OTR Commuter Series Hybrid Case for Samsung Galaxy S II/Attain 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black


 April 17, 2012
By Prim0
I think most reviewers have covered most of the bases here so I will try to keep this short. I bought this case (and the same model for my gf's iPhone 4) because I wanted something that offered good protection but would keep the Galaxy S II thin, since that's one of its best features. While the case is thin compared to the defender, it still adds what I would consider a good amount of bulk, the phone no longer seems thin. It makes a noticeable difference in my pocket. I would say it adds almost but not quite twice the thickness. However, the phone is safe, feels sturdy and looks good. I decided to keep it, but somewhat reluctantly. Also, I think it is a bit overpriced for what it is, but I was using a gift card so I didn't care too much.


The screen protector on the other hand is pretty awful. It affects the brightness and colors on the screen, does not come with a dust removing sticker and is highly reflective. Worst of all, the sticker on the top layer left a sticky residue which would not come off even with cleaning chemicals. I will be buying a new protector. So, this ended up being an expensive set of protection, but buying a new phone would be more.



Long story short:

1. Case is good but not that thin
2. Screen protector is poor.
3. Fairly expensive as far as cases go.


I will say that I think the iPhone version is much better. Would give that one 4 stars. Hope this helps.

1 comment:

  1. When shopping for the perfect phone cover which might safeguard your mobile, you will need to evaluate the quality of material together with the fitting.

    Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Protector

    ReplyDelete